Learn from Canadian National Champion Tie-Down Calf Roper Tyson Durfey. Tyson is currently eighth in the PRCA World Standings in Tie-Down Roping. He qualified for the Wrangler NFR 2007, has dead aim on qualifying for 2008, and is a two-time Dodge National Circuit Finals Qualifier.
Get to the pay window more often - develop a mental edge and learn techniques that make the difference between winning and donating.
- Ready to make a reservation? Sign Up Now.
- Need more information on why attending this clinic can increase your winnings? Read on.
Tyson Durfey has been attending his father Roy Durfey’s Roping School and Horsemanship Clinics his entire life. Between learning from and assisting with his Father’s clinics several times a year, he is now ready to share what he has learned with you.
Two Day Horsemanship and Roping (Breakaway and Tiedown) Clinic
WHERE: Double Nickel Horse Ranch in Kaufman, Texas.
WHEN: Saturday, September 27 and Sunday, September 28. Start Time is 9 a.m.
Kaufman is 32 miles south-east from Dallas, Texas. Double Nickel is between I-20 and Highway 175. Map and Directions.
This clinic will cover horsemanship, saddle fitting, selecting the best bit based on how various bits work, and every detail and technique to shave seconds off your times and increase your winnings.
Do you want to take your roping skills to a new level? Want to win more roping events? Sign up now to attend the upcoming two day Tyson Durfey Horsemanship and Roping Clinic.
Tyson Durfey Bio:
- PRCA Bio – includes 2008 Highlights, career earnings and highlights
- Born in Savannah, Missouri
- Age 10, won his first calf roping
Newspaper and Online Articles about Tyson Durfey
- Merritt Herald: Tyson Durfey Wins Tie-Down Roping at Nicola Valley Pro Rodeo (Sep 2, 2008)
- Tri-City Herald: Durfey Tough Enough to Win Tie-Down Roping (Aug 23, 2008)
- Wrangler ProRodeo Tour 2008 Standings (Aug 19, 2008)
- 75th Omak Stampede Rodeo Results: Tyson Wins Tie-Down Roping First Go (Aug 11, 2008)
- Tyson Wins Tie-Down Roping at Last Chance Stampede (Jul 27, 2008)
- CBC Sports Canada: Life Beyond Rodeo (Jul 13, 2008)
- George Sutcliffe Memorial Calf Roping – Canada’s Richest Calf Roping: Tyson Durfy Wins Second Go (Jul 5-6, 2008)
- Tyson Durfey Qualifies for Calgary Stampede (Jul 4-13, 2008)
- Tyson Durfey Wins Ponoka Stampede Tie-Down Roping Second Go (Jul 1, 2008)
- Tyson Durfey Wins Clark County Fair & Rodeo TieDown Roping First Go Round (Apr 14, 2008)
- Durfey Donates to Susan G. Koman for the Cure (Jan 24, 2008)
- Next IT CEO Supports Tyson Durfey’s Goal of Becoming National Champion (Dec 1, 2007)
- St Joe News: Living, 8 seconds at a time (Dec 6, 2007)
- Edmonton Journal: Tyson Durfey Tie-Down Roping Canadian Finals Rodeo Champion (Nov 12, 2006)
Roy Durfey Bio:
- Born 1949
- From 1st grade on, Roy rode his horse 4 miles to and from school each day
- 1968-1971 worked for Pat Cowan of Highmore, South Dakota
- Images found online: three of Roy roping at Rodeo Historical Society Oral History Project
- Offers roping clinics in Savannah, Missouri
- Roping Titles: 8 times each: URA (United Rodeo Assn) Champion and MRCA (Missouri Rodeo Cowboys Assn) Over 40 Champion
- Sons Wes, Travis and Tyson are all ropers
- Hancock Horses article on the famous blue roan stallion John Red includes interesting stories about Roy.
Notable horses trained by Roy Durfey:
- Pick Pocket
- South Dakota’s “Living Legend” Sun Frost
- Blair Burk’s PRCA rope horse “Hammer”
- Troy Pruitt’s horse Little Big Man
- Baldy – helped Dave Brock win the 1978 PRCA World Champion Calf Roping Title
- 2008 Ariat Playoff Series Puyallup Pro Rodeo Qualifiers List (As of Sep 2, 2008)
- 2008 Ariat Playoff Series Caldwell Night ProRodeo Contestant’s List (ESPN as of Aug 8, 2008)
- 2008 PRCA Standings (Jul 7, 2008)
- 2007 Dodge National Circuit Finals Rodeo Contestant List (Feb 26, 2007)
- Calgary Stampede Description of Tie-Down Roping
HORSE SITES with RODEO RELATED CONTENT:
- Official PRCA site
- Rodeo Attitude
- About.com PRCA ProRodeo Tour Schedule and PRCA ProRodeo PlayOff Series Results
- Rodeo Profiles Blog Hosted by PRCA Rodeo Announcer Steve Kenyon
- World of Rodeo
- World of Roping
Interested in attending? Make a Tyson Durfey Roping Clinic Reservation.